1 package of
Pacific Cod Fillets
Maple-Soy Glazed Cod:
• 4 fillets Ocean Jewel Encore™ Pacific Cod, thawed
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp sesame oil
• 1 Thai red chilli pepper, finely chopped (optional)
• 1 butternut squash (2 to 2 ½ lb)
• 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
• Pinch of ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice
• 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
• 2 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
• 1 tsp orange zest
• 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
• 5 oz baby spinach
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
• Pinch red chilli flakes
• Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Thaw fish according to package instructions. Stir together maple syrup, soy, sesame oil and chili pepper. Toss with cod; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds with spoon. Place into a bowl and toss with olive oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, and all spice. Cut squash into cubes and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake squash for 30 minutes depending on size of the squash pieces or until tender. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven to 450˚F. Bake cod on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 8-12 minutes or until just cooked through and starting to flake.
- In food processor, purée butternut squash, heavy cream, butter, maple syrup, minced ginger and orange zest until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook for about 2 minutes, swirling pan until butter stops frothing and turns light brown color. Stir in garlic and chili flakes; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Divide butternut squash purée among 4 shallow bowls; top with spinach and cod. Serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Baste the cod with the marinade halfway through cooking to intensify the flavour.
you may also like these recipes
NO PRESERVATIVES, NO ADDITIVES
Introducing the Ocean Jewel Encore™ seafood line which brings you seafood as nature intended. Featuring a variety of sustainably sourced fish including Cod, Salmon and Haddock that are portioned for simple meals, special occasions, and more. Explore new ways to incorporate seafood into any meal of the day and try these easy-to-prepare, healthy and delicious recipes that your family will love!
Preservation is the only way to guarantee the future of the environment and our oceans. As leaders in the fish and seafood industry, it is especially important to play a guiding role. Our sustainability policy is how we make preservation a reality. It’s practical so we can set achievable goals, and it’s relevant so we can contribute in a meaningful way.