1 package of
Perfect for special occasions or those lazy Sunday mornings! Add a healthy twist to your regular breakfast Benedict and use sautéed shrimp instead of bacon! And with this no-fuss blender hollandaise sauce, it’s so simple to prepare.
Shrimp Eggs Benedict:
• 1 cup Ocean Jewel™ Cooked Pacific White Shrimp, thawed
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 4 English muffins, toasted
• 8 eggs, poached
• 2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon or parsley
• 2/3 cup butter
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• Pinch of salt
- Prepare shrimp as per package instructions and remove tail.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add thawed shrimp, salt and pepper. Reheat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice.
- To poach eggs, fill saucepan with enough water to come about 3 inches (8 cm) up-side. Stir in 2 tsp. of white vinegar. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Break cold egg into a small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, slip egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Cook in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon and drain well on a paper towel.
- Hollandaise Sauce: Heat butter in small saucepan set over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown colour, let cool to room temperature. In blender, combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard. Purée until smooth. With motor running, pour butter slowly into blender. Season with salt.
- Top each toasted English muffin (half) with shrimp, poached egg and Hollandaise Sauce. Sprinkle with tarragon or parsley.
- Always let butter cool to room temperature before making hollandaise sauce or you will cook the egg.
- Based on preference and availability of product in-store, any sized shrimp can be used as a substitute.
you may also like these recipes
NO PRESERVATIVES, NO ADDITIVES
Introducing the Ocean Jewel Encore™ seafood line which brings you seafood as nature intended. Featuring a variety of sustainably sourced fish including Cod, Salmon and Haddock that are portioned for simple meals, special occasions, and more. Explore new ways to incorporate seafood into any meal of the day and try these easy-to-prepare, healthy and delicious recipes that your family will love!
Preservation is the only way to guarantee the future of the environment and our oceans. As leaders in the fish and seafood industry, it is especially important to play a guiding role. Our sustainability policy is how we make preservation a reality. It’s practical so we can set achievable goals, and it’s relevant so we can contribute in a meaningful way.