1 package of
Great for brunch, an accompaniment for soup or just as an hors d’oeuvre, this recipe will make you reach for more than just one!
Shrimp On Toast:
• 1.5 cups Ocean Jewel™ Cooked Pacific White Shrimp, thawed
• 1/3 cup butter, softened
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
• 1/4 tsp dried oregano
• 8 slices of French bread (1/2 inch thick)
• 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare shrimp as per package instructions and remove tail.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together butter, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano. Reserve 2 tbsp and set aside.
- Spread garlic butter over one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and toasted.
- Meanwhile, melt reserved garlic butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add thawed shrimp and heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in vegetable broth and whipping cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Spoon shrimp mixture over garlic bread. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest.
- Substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth if desired.
- For Cajun Shrimp on Toast, add Cajun seasoning to shrimp.
- Alternatively, substitute French bread with a baguette.
- Based on preference and availability of product in-store, any sized shrimp can be used as a substitute.
you may also like these recipes
NO PRESERVATIVES, NO ADDITIVES
Introducing the Ocean Jewel Encore™ seafood line which brings you seafood as nature intended. Featuring a variety of sustainably sourced fish including Cod, Salmon and Haddock that are portioned for simple meals, special occasions, and more. Explore new ways to incorporate seafood into any meal of the day and try these easy-to-prepare, healthy and delicious recipes that your family will love!
Preservation is the only way to guarantee the future of the environment and our oceans. As leaders in the fish and seafood industry, it is especially important to play a guiding role. Our sustainability policy is how we make preservation a reality. It’s practical so we can set achievable goals, and it’s relevant so we can contribute in a meaningful way.